Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Obligatory About Me Page

Hello, I'm Amanda. Thanks for stopping by.

I live in Seattle with "The Boyfriend" -Brian and a naughty little dachshund named Dieter. My main joy in life involves copious amounts of beer and wine. I love beer and hope to someday learn how to brew my own (Apricot Hefeweizen!) when I no longer need to care if I have a beer belly or not.

I started this blog mainly as a way to track my weekly food intake, but I think it's ended up being more of neurotic obsession in gastronomy for me. A lot of recipes on this blog are dairy-free because The Boyfriend was born with a rather disastrous allergy to milk and the likes, which is tremendously unfortunate because I cannot imagine a life without cheese. We usually make up for the lack of dairy by consuming insane quantities of meat, so I suspect this blog may be a House of Horrors for vegans.

I suck at taking photos because I usually pounce on the food before it's even done. I have no patience for aesthetics, but I do try because I know everyone is here for the pretty pictures. I use a Sony Cybershot DSC-W100 point and shoot, although I someday hope to save enough for a Nikon DSLR.

When I'm not cooking or compulsively baking, I suffer through a PhD program and live the generic hipster life of listening to emo music, drinking pretentious coffee and engaging in philosophical discussions about the ludicrousity of Atlas Shrugged.

No comments: