Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Laziness has a funny way of contributing to interesting ideas. You spend more time finding ideas to offset that laziness than to get around to making something. A quick and easy lunch is to turn a caprese salad into a sandwich. Use fresh mozzarella for full mmmilky goodness.
And here is the rest of it.
2 slices bread (I used dark whole wheat, 7 grain sliced bread)
3 slices mozzarella (1/2 inch each)
4 slices roma tomatoes (fresher, the better)
4 leaves basil
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on both slices of bread.
2. Arrange tomatoes on one slice of bread.
3. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
4. Roll basil leaves tightly and slice into thin strips.
5. Arrange basil leaves on tomatoes and top with mozzarella.
6. Place in a toaster oven or oven at 350° for 5 minutes until mozzarella melts.
7. Serve immediately.
Posted by Amanda at 10:02 PM